Sunday, August 9, 2009

SPDE - What an incredible trade!

This is one of the fastest trades I did in the last few months. My average price is $1.79, sold some at $3.80 and $4.50 and holding the remaining half. I called up some of my subscribers who I knew in person to check if they made money on my alert about SPDE and some said they did but couple of heroes shorted it at $3 and covered it at $4, sorry for them :(, :). I did some home work over the weekend and found some facts regarding SPDE and the market leader in Solid State Drives, STEC on their websites, http://densitydynamics.com/products and http://www.stec-inc.com/product/zeusiops.php respectively. Upon comparing the products related to SSDs, you will see a lot of similarities between them and in some aspects SPDE looks better than STEC. However at this moment I cannot come to a conclusion that SPDE is the next STEC until I see follow-up PRs from SPED’s management about their new product on how and when they are going to market it.

Bottom-line: SPDE was up 300% in a single session and there is no doubt that shorts already started to push it down but it is very risky to short these type of stocks because you never know if there is devil in the details. I would be on the side lines and enter it when the dust settles down. Keep in mind the pain shorts had to deal with when they shorted COIN, PDO, STEC and other low float stocks. You can make money either way on SPDE if you follow its trends closely. If the recent PR is true and the management releases follow-up news about the new product in a timely manner, I would not be surprised if the stock hits $15 in the short term because market always looks forward 6-12 months but until then it is reasonable to say that it is a P&D.

A general Caution and Advise-As I always advise in my posts, Do not chase stocks. please keep in mind that I am not a Stock Market Analyst or an Investment Adviser to count on my recommendations/alerts. As always please do your DD before investing or speculating, start with a small position, always keep your stop losses in place and emotions out. Finally thank me for your profits but do not blame me for your losses because you are the one who pulled the trigger!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who is Mr.Incredible?

My photo
New Jersey, United States
Mr.Incredible is a Momentum/Technical Breakout player who trades small/micro cap plays and who saw a 600% Growth since 2006, Yes even in this down market. I am going to post my real trades (including profits/losses) soon...As a general caution and advice Please start with a small position and always keep your stop losses in place just in case....As usual Do your DD before investing. Thank me for your profits and don't blame me for your losses because you are the one who pulled the trigger!!!